Hugs

Hugs


Harold (Harry) Hugginton at Stilwell's Learning Center SV location


"A hug is two hearts wrapped in arms." - Unknown Author

Even cows like hugs. When I (Chuck Stilwell) was a boy, we lived on a ranch. My father would milk our cow, and we would have wonderful creamy milk and butter. The cow and my dad didn't always get along. She would often wait until the bucket was nearly full and then kick it over. This would greatly anger my dad. 

Then, to make matters worse, Bessy, the cow, would get halfway through the gate to return to the pasture and refuse to move until she received a hug from my father. She would not be budged. Finally, my dad would cool off and give her a hug and tell her she was a good cow and she would moo and amble off to the pasture. 

Sometimes as parents and grandparents we can become frustrated or angry with our children's immature actions. Yet, a hug, a word of encouragement and the reassuring words, "I love you" can usually do more good than a lecture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School is under way! Protect your children - by Chuck Stilwell

July 4th, Independence Day 2023 by Chuck Stilwell

Columbus Day - By Chuck Stilwell